Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I’ve done it again…

I've gone months without updating! Shoot, this blogging is tougher than it seems. It wears a woman down, I tell you. Either that or I'm just lazy.


Christmas was all it should be. We had a wonderful time and we were spoiled beyond compare. I have yet to upload any photos because...well....because I'm lazy. At this point, I'm just going to make a clean break and just start fresh with any new photos because trying to play catch up would be crazy.

The big kiddos had their school concert today. Charlotte actually got up on stage and sang with her class and of course, my heart just swelled seeing her up there. She has grown so much and she is such a big, sweet, gorgeous little girl. Eli tried to stay behind the scenes as much as they would allow him by being the line prompter and such. He was up in the front for band and during some songs. He played beautifully and did his best to look cool. To see him up there, with his class, all of them so gangly and nearly adult-like, it was quite the contrast to seeing his little sister. I try to pretend neither of them will get any older but they keep breaking this facade I've built.


Eli also had his school spelling bee today. He won and will move on to the state contest next month. We couldn't be any prouder. He really loves spelling and said he feels this rush of excitment when competing. I think it bums him out that it only comes once or twice a year so we've been brainstorming some ways for him to spread his passion for it into other areas. He's thinking of starting a school newspaper and asking to be the editor.


Lucy...oh Lucy. Lucy who has been to the emergency room twice now in a period of just 2 months. First she cracked her head on a table while trying death-defying acts of wonder and amazement and ended up with three staples. The second time, she fell from Eli's arms while they were running sock-footed on the hardwood floors. When I swooped her up, she wasn't breathing and then she passed out for a good five minutes. I have honestly never felt fear like that. The worst scenarios were running through my mind, things like her choking or having broken her neck. Thankfully, she was fine and we have yet to hear from Child Protective Services, as I had wearily anticipated. So...it's a win-win.


Other than that, she's hilarious and sweet. Late one evening, way past her expected bedtime, she asked me for a peanut butter sandwich. When I turned her down, she pouted but moved on. A few minutes later, she turned to me and batted her eyes and said, "Momma...you the best momma EVER." I responded with plenty of kisses and thank-you’s to which she responded, "Now I think you give me a peanut butter sandwich."


Ok, I think that's enough updating for now. Maybe I'll even have pictures next time.

2 comments:

  1. YAY An Update! <3 I already knew all this tho. LOL!! :)

    Like how you changed the layout too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Rachael....You are a wonderful mother. Better than me and better than I ever imagined in my lifetime of anyone. Trials come and go, days seem endless, yet moments fly. Cherish it all and know you did the best you could ever do.. I love you baby girl.... M

    ReplyDelete